Monday, December 3, 2007

Our normal little chica

46XX

We lost a normal baby girl. Not sure where I should focus today....we lost a baby girl. We lost a baby girl.....a normal baby. Dammit.

I am now unable to blame this loss on nature just helping end a pregnancy that would not be okay in the long run. I am out of the category of miscarriages that are bad luck, a fluke....because it was just "not meant to be". Those explanations that would help us move onto try #3 naturally or at least with the ounce of hope that the randomness of genetics would be in our favor next time. Innocence is leaving my body faster and faster.

My body was not able to provide a thriving environment for our little lady.

On to the next chapter - figuring out what the hell is wrong.

10 comments:

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Oh Meg, you must be hurting right now so very much. I am so very sorry. You probably don't know where to turn. We always want answers for IF and Miscarriage, but once we get them, they cut harder than any real knife could. I'm just so sorry, and thinking of you today. I only hope and pray they can/will do some testing so you could hopefully get answers and plans to keep this from happening again.

battynurse said...

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you.

AwkwardMoments said...

I am very sorry that you are feeling the weight if the world right now. I do hope the days get clearer and a little brighter.

Here is some assvice. Have you ever done a blood/hormone level panel. You give about 16 vials of blood and they test all and every possible level of just about anything imaginable. We found some valuable information out about my body by doing that lab work.

L said...

I got the same genetic results with pregnancy/miscarriage #2. I did not want to know the sex, but they had to tell me because of the risk of maternal cell contamination.

You CAN do something about it, though. Aside from my thyroid, none of my other tests were conclusive for anything. However, the Lovenox, baby aspirin, progesterone, HCG injections, etc..., have gotten me to 8w6d, which is further than either one of my previous pregnancies.

Find an RE who specializes in recurrent loss -- don't mess around with anyone at this point who is not a specialist.

MissedConceptions

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I am so sorry, Meg. Like those who commented above, I hope this gets you a referral to a specialist and hope that they can provide some answers, or at least a plan for how to keep this from happening again. (Hugs)

Caro said...

I'm so sorry.

Meghan said...

Meg, I'm just so sorry. I don't have any assvice for you, just hugs. Thinking of you guys

Loren said...

I am so sorry for that news.There is no way you can hear that and not want to cry. :( At least now your doctors may be more aggressive in finding out why it happened...but my heart goes out to you. *hugs*

Malloryn said...

So sorry to hear your news. ::sending positive vibes your way::

Sushilover said...

I'm so sorry Meg. I'm thinking positive thoughts for you, hopefully now that you have this information they can move towards solutions. You'd think in this day and age something can be done!