Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Going in

Woke up to pink/red spotting this morning. Seriously? Can I just have a normal, spot free pregnancy?? I did not panic as I have spotted on and off through these 10 weeks. Each time I have an ultrasound, Sprout is there doing okay so I decided to silently freak out and move on through my day.

I then received this email about 2 hours ago from a good friend I am trying to get together with:

I know we talked about getting together this week, but I don't think I will be able to. One of my best friends is 21 weeks pregnant. She just found out today that the baby is dead. She has to go in tomorrow and be induced, and will give birth to a dead baby boy. It's absolutely devastating! X is taking a couple days off of work so that we can help them out in any way we can. She had me come by today and take all of the baby stuff out of her house (She had EVERYTHING already, even clothes in the drawers). It is just so sad. How horrible that such tragedies happen to such good people.

It is now noon and my spotting is still there and still red. So I am going in for a check. If all is well, I will be able to calm down a bit. Red spotting and tragic emails are making me so incredibly uneasy. Please send your good thoughts to Sprout but mostly to this poor woman having to deliver her son today...

UPDATE*** Sprout is there, kicking and waving. I loved the doctor. It was the first KP doctor who actually looked at me and seemed to understand everything. He was wonderful... Anyways, he says Sprout looks great, measuring 10 weeks and the heartbeat was beating away. He says spotting, while we want it gone, is not a worry for him right now. He checked me out and thinks I am just a spotter. Nice. He did notice a fibroid. He said that the baby seems to be pushed to the side instead of right in the center. He said this is typically nothing to worry about and they will know more about its growth and impact on the baby at my 20 week. Anyone have advice or experience with fibroids? Here are two images I got from today. I feel really reassured that this little one is still okay. I am worried about the constant arrival of spotting and a possible fibroid but for now, I am happy Sprout is alive. 30 more weeks of this?!?! I must find a way to relax and enjoy this.



See how Sprout is off to the side? I don't like that and this did not seem to be the case last week.

21 comments:

B MoM said...

Hi, i'm anxiously awaiting your results post. i pray nothing is going on with you and that you will only have good news and happiness to report.

Meghan said...

Thinking of you and your friend. How horrible for her.

Update us when you get a chance

Jen said...

I'm thinking only lovely sticky thoughts for you.

And all my sympathies to your friend's friend. Life really isn't fair.

Annie said...

Sending you positive thoughts and lots of hope. I'll be checking back for your update, I hope all is well.

I am so sorry for your friend's friend :( It sounds like you have an amazing friend there.

Ms. Planner said...

Thinking of you Meg. I am anxiously awaiting your next post. Hoping (praying) that everything is okay with Sprout.

And your poor friend. So very, very sad. May the powers that be grant her some comfort in this time of need.

Denise said...

I'm so relieved Sprout is okay. I've heard the comment before that some women just spot for no apparent reason. It sucks that this just can't go smoothly for you.

I am certainly not an expert, but I have a couple of small fibroids that I was told won't interfere with pregnancy. Fibroids do run in my family and eventually result in hysterectomy for the women in my family usually around menopause. Did they tell you how big the fibroid is? Is it mainly within the uterine wall, or does in protrude inside the uterus.

Maryanne said...

Glad to hear everything looks good with sprout! I am sorry about the spotting and hope it goes away soon!

Blessings to your friend.

CLC said...

Glad all is well so far. Hopefully, the 30 weeks will pass by quickly for you.

And I am so sorry for your friend's friend.

Phoebe said...

I'm not an expert on fibroids during pregnancy, but I've had my share of fibroidmania. I couldn't see your fibroid in your u/s. They usually look like dark blobs. I didn't see anything that concerned me. Can you point it out? A lot of women don't even know they have a fibroid until they get pregnant. Had you ever had a scan of your uterus before to look for fibroids? Just curious. I couldn't do IVF until I had all my fibroids removed, but mine were pretty big. I know other women who have gone through pregnancy fine with a fibroid.

B MoM said...

Meg - this is great news -- well the part about sprout being alive and well. Whew!!! I'm so glad I checked back in with your blog --- did you know my reader doesn't update if you dont put in a new post? Anyways...you know that I'm a fanatic about fibroids. On my blog (to the left of the page) I have the link to a website that I found most helpful regarding fibroids. I also just would search fibroids and pregnancy in google and see what you come up with.

Duffy said...

Whew!!! I just found your update! I am so so so glad you liked this Dr., I was sending all sorts of "good Dr." vibes your way hoping that would be the case!

I am so thrilled to see your gorgeous little Sprout. And so glad to hear there is nothing of major concern going on - but know that you are so normal for worrying about these things and by going in and checking things out you are simply being a good and protective momma already.

Wish you could have a glass of wine to celebrate.

I know nothing about Fibroids, they do run in my family, I know my mom and aunt both had them through their pregnancies, but that's the extent of what I know.

Jamie said...

I don't know anything about fibroids, but I am glad to hear Sprout is kicking away. I understand you about the spotting - sure it may be normal for some people but enough already!

Rachel said...

I am so sorry about your friend's friend. Awful.

As far as your Sprout, I am glad he/she is well. The pictures are so clear! Hang in there!

Sushilover said...

Well I'm certainly glad to hear sprout is still thriving. What a load off your mind. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I just had someone comment on my blog asking me if it ever gets easier and if the fear ever goes away. I am 21 weeks as of last friday and the answer is definitely no. Unfortunately it never gets easier. Damn it.

c. said...

*Big sigh of relief.* Happy to know Sprout is hanging in there, even waving hello.

Lisa said...

What an awful thing for your friend to have to go through. My thoughts are with her.
I was glad to see the update to the post that everything is OK with sprout. Keeping good thoughts for you too. ((hugs))

I have a fibroid - it did not interfere with the twin pregnancy at all.

Fiddle1 said...

So thankful sprout is thriving! I'm sorry you are dealing with spotting, and scary, scary stories, and now a possible fibroid. I am very sorry for your friend's friend. So far the only thing I've read about fibroids during pregnancy is that they sometimes can prevent the baby from turning at the end. I'm sure you will find more information as you read on. I have to have info, so I google endlessly. But sometimes I do think it's best to listen to the Dr. and wait and see. The lack of control during pregnancy is just horrible. Sometimes info makes you feel more in control, sometimes not. But it is all just a bitch. I hope the spotting quits and time flies for you..until you are able to ease yourself back into enjoying it. Hang in there.

Jen said...

I am so happy to read the update about Sprout being a little kicky monster.

And I'm with you on hating being a spotter. With all three pregnancies, the two bad and the one good (knock on wood), I've had spotting so, who knows what to make of that.

But the center thing? I haven't a clue if my guy was right, left or center... But do you have to wait 10 weeks for another u/s?

admin said...

phew!
i had a lot of spotting through the first tri. I hope it will calm down for you as you get further along..

J Sweet said...

I;m glad everything looked good at the scan...what a relief. I remember you mentioning that you spot a lot during your non-pregnant cycles...maybe your doc is right and you ARE just a spotter. This is coming from someone who NEVER spots.
Also I don't know about the fibroid or to the side thing but the doctor didn't sound concerned so try not to worry.

Sudbury Creative Reuse Centre said...

I'm so glad that you and Sprout are okay!