Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Blooms

I am blooming into quite an impatient gal. I think it may be the waiting game to have surgery that is killing me. Just do it already. I am hoping that my second monthly dose of Lupron (tomorrow) will remind me that even though I am just sitting on the side lines...my insides are being prepped/stripped.

My surgery is this month so the fact that it is April makes me a little more relieved that it is getting closer. This month is also one year from when we began trying and got pregnant for the first time. I never in a million years thought my tulips would come up a year later and I would feel so bummed about their appearance. Maybe next year I will feel better about Springtime. Right now it just reminds me that it has been a long year.

On a lighter note, we have contracted our backyard and the work begins in about two weeks. My husband is excited to have sod, sprinklers and brick walkways. We plan on planting a lot this summer and fall. I am excited to have a safe place for my little one(s) to explore and play...now I just need a little one.

5 comments:

Denise said...

The waiting just feels endless, doesn't it? That year mark is a hard one to accept. I hope this month moves as quickly as possible for you.

Congrats on the yard! That is so exciting. And I bet your furbabies will love it in the meantime-until you have little ones to enjoy it, that is.

Antigone said...

You should see our landscaping: it's still all dirt and tumbleweed. I can't wait to get some plants in. At a minimum I want to plant a good climbing tree for a future kid to conquer.

CLC said...

Our landscaping is awful. It seem so overwhelming to fix though because I don't have a green thumb.

I hear you on being anxious. I count everything every day- how long since my loss, how long current cycle is, how long 'till we can TTC again...it makes time go by incredibly slow. I guess it's like watching water boil...

Jamie said...

My husband & I did the hard core landscaping last year. My advice to you is perennials!! It has been so nice this spring to watch all the stuff I worked so hard on last year grow & bloom without lifting a finger!

HeidiM said...

Thanks for your post on my blog! January was one year of medical trying for me. Lately I've been thinking, if I would have gotten pregnant on IVF #1, the baby would have been born this month, and for IVF #2, it would be this upcoming August. But life goes on and hope goes on and I will keep on going strong just like we all do.