Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kiddo did his thing

He is head down. Way down according to my doctor today and on the ultrasound. We are thrilled and hope he stays that way for a few more weeks! She said he is a good size and I am 1/2 cm dilated and 30% effaced. I hope we have a few more weeks to prepare for this little man.

My shower was last night and it was wonderful. A bit surreal that it was a shower for me, for the arrival of my baby. My baby. All of this is coming really soon and I am really excited, just floored at how quickly I got here. I never could picture my baby shower or scheduling the final 3 appointments with my OB and both have happened now. I continue to wait for a pinch from someone or a snap to wake up. I can also now see why women often get antsy at the end. I have a few more weeks and already just want him here, safe and sound.

It is happening. We will have a baby boy soon and I am trying to quickly get up to speed....

14 comments:

LuckyOnce said...

Yay for right side up (upside down) babies! :) I'm glad you enjoyed the shower, too. Looking at all the cute baby stuff is so fun!

B MoM said...

woohoo! He turned! =) Are you sure time flies during pregnancy? because I feel likes its dragging on.

Denise said...

Great news! Already listening to Mama, what a good boy.

I hope you had fun at the shower. I need to get your gift to you and would love to see you sometime. Are you around next weekend?

Jamie said...

What great news!

I'm glad you enjoyed your baby shower. You deserved some 'Meg Celebration'!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that everything's going so well!

We're supposed to start registering for our 3 showers that are already scheduled (!) though I still have a hard time believing we're actually going to have a baby.

Rachel said...

Yeah for turning and for baby showers. I hope you really enjoyed it, the shower I mean.

Karin Mitchell said...

You are still listed as being a blog about miscarriage. You should prolly do something about that.

Jen said...

I am so thrilled for you! Hoorah! And he will be here before you know it! Although, I know I worried until I saw him in the flesh and then, I couldn't believe he was ours!

Ms. Planner said...

Hey Meg, after all you have gone through to get here...I am just so darn happy for you.

Sudbury Creative Reuse Centre said...

Such wonderful news! I am so happy for you. I know it's still surreal but it won't be long now before you're holding him in your arms!

Glad you had your shower. You deserve a moment in the spotlight. :)

Larisa said...

Glad he's head down!

If you are still interested in reading my blog, please, please email me at materwelon at gmail dot com.

Denise said...

Lunch Sunday should work as long as everyone is healthy. I've been fighting a sinus infection and Nathan has been pretty sick. Don't want to get you and Sprout sick. Can we play it by ear and check in later in the week?

L said...

Hooray, on both accounts!

MissedConceptions

Thankful Terri said...

Meg, Congrats to you. I am so excited for you and your husband.

Best of luck to you and your family.